MANILA, Philippines - (UPDATED August 27) The month has come once again for the Filipinos to celebrate the National Language ('Buwan ng Wika' or 'Buwan ng Wikang Pambansa') this August 2017.
The Komisyon sa Wikang Filipino (KWF) leads the celebration with the theme “Filipino: Wikang Mapagbago” (Filipino: Language of Change). This is in line with President Rodrigo Duterte's advocacy to strengthen the nation.
|Official poster for 'Buwan ng Wika' 2017.|
"Dahil sa ating wika at sa kulturang pinangangalagaan natin, mas nakikilala sa buong mundo ang ating pagka-Filipino. Patuloy tayong maghanap ng paraan upang maisakatuparan ang mga layuning babago sa kalidad ng ating buhay at sa kasalukuyang estado ng ating bayan," Duterte said in a statement, which was released by the Palace on Monday, July 31.
The 'Buwan ng Wika' celebration also highlights linguistic and cultural activities all over the country.
The month-long celebration will kick-off through a flag-raising activity on August 1.
Note: Full details of the calendar of events for 'Buwan ng Wikang Pambansa' will be posted here once available.
The annual 'Buwan ng Wika' is pursuant to Proclamation 1041, signed by former President Fidel V. Ramos, which declares the national celebration of the National Language Month every August. Additionally, former President Manuel Quezon, considered the Father of the National Language, was born on August 19, 1878.
In line with this, DepEd has released memo no. 58, series of 2017 to provide guidelines, objectives and sub-themes of 'Buwan ng Wika' celebration.
The objective of the celebration are the following:
- Fully-implement Presidential Proclamation No. 1041
- Encourage all government agencies and private sectors to be part of programs that raise language and civic consciousness
- Show the importance of national language through the active participation in all activities related to 'Buwan ng Wika'
The theme for the month is divided into four sub-themes which will serve as a guide in the weekly activities during the month of August:
a. Wikang Filipino, Susi sa Pagbabago
b. Pangangalaga sa Wikang Katutubo, Pagpapayaman sa Wikang Filipino;
c. Wikang Filipino: Wika ng Maka-Filipinong Saliksik
d. Pagsasalin, Mahalaga sa Bago at Mapagbagong Karunungan
Buwan ng Wikang Pambansa 2017 official DepEd Memo no. 58:
DM_s2017_058 DepEd Memo Buwan Ng Wika 2017 by TheSummitExpress
Sample Slogans for Buwan ng Wika 2017: “Filipino: Wikang Mapagbago”:
1. "Malayang pagpapalawig sa mayaman nang wika, hatid sa baya'y pag-unlad at pagkakaisa."
2. "Wikang pinagyaman ng globalisasyon, gabay sa mabilis at mapaghamong siglo."
3. “Ating wika pagsamahin upang magkaintindihan, maging mapayapa at umunlad ang bayan."
4. "Ang karunungan ay kayamanan para sa pagbabago at kaunlaran ng bayan."
5. "Wikang Filipino ang sandata at susi sa pagbabago ng ating bansa."
6. "Sariling wika'y duyan ng kamalayan, ating pagningasin tungo sa kaunlaran."
7. "Ang pagtangkilik sa sariling wika, ang bunga ay matalino at maunlad na bansa." - Ruth Baylonano Velacruz
8. "Wika ng madla, pagbabago para sa bansa." - Rodel Flordeliza
9. "Pakpak ay ibuka, wika't kultura ay lasapin, pagbabago'y darating." - Trisha Midel
10. Wikang Filipino, sibat at pananggalang tungo sa pagbabagong inaasam." - James Clores
11. "Wikang Pambansa, buklod ng mamamayan sa pagkakaisa at pagmamahalan tungo sa kaalaman, paglinang at kaunlaran ng bawat isa at ng buong bayan." - Sarah Mabansag Puno
12. "Oras na para gumising, wikang tinimplang mainit atin nang higupin. Masarap man itong samahan nang ibang hain, ngunit aminin, iba pa rin ang sariling atin." - Jolibee G. Fernandez
13. "Wikang Filipino ay pagyamanin at tangkilikin, upang pagkakaisa at kaunlaran ay ating kamtin." - Genalyn Castillo
14. "Wikang Filipino ay ating pahalagahan upang sa haba ng panahon ay ito ang kagigisnan." - Mendoza, Alexa Bernadette O.
15. "Wikang Filipino, tulay ng bansang naghahangad ng kapayapaan at nangangarap ng kaunlaran tungo sa mundong makabago." - Carlo Pastrana
16. "Wikang Filipino saan man sa mundo mapag-iisa tayo." - Joel Manalili
17. Put your slogan here - name
We're encouraging our readers to contribute their own slogan by leaving a comment below.
Don't miss our regular updates and awesome stories, Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or subscribe via E-mail.
Smoking is a habit of inhaling and exhaling the smoke by various means. Smoking is very injurious to the health as it calls various types of cancer. In UK, it has been the greatest single cause of illness and premature death. Long-term smoking decreases about 10 years of life as it causes early death. It causes various types of respiratory diseases as well as increases the risk of several other diseases with years of unpleasant symptoms.
It is a big issue in various countries which needs to be eliminated soon. ‘No Smoking Day’ is celebrated every year by the people on 2nd Wednesday in the month of March in order to spread awareness about bad effects of smoking and encourage people to quit smoking.
We have provided here various slogans on No Smoking which you can use while celebrating No Smoking Day event. You can use following slogans to make the campaign celebration very effective, attractive and successful.
Following No Smoking slogans are meaningful, eye catching and fresh which you can use to encourage people to quit smoking. You can choose any No Smoking slogan to spread awareness among people about smoking:
No Smoking Slogan
Smoking is injurious to health; don’t give your life into hand of tobacco.
Smoking is eating our body from inside; don’t be used to of it.
Smoking eats our body slowly which we don’t feel for long time!
Don’t smoke! There are many activities you can enjoy in life.
Keep the key of life in your hands, don’t give it to tobacco.
Your life is in your hands, but smoker’s life in tobacco hand.
Tobacco is killing us, don’t let it kill you!
Eliminate tobacco from your life before it kills you!
We need to burn calories daily, not tobacco!
We are burning cigarettes; it is what we are doing!
Smoking makes our life shorter and diseased.
Stop smoking! If you really want to live a long and healthy life.
Burn calories not your body through smoking.
Eliminate smoking from your life, not yourself from life.
Smoking is a definite killer, why you don’t understand!
Don’t regret yourself, regret your bad habits and eliminate smoking.
Replace your cigarettes with a glass of juice daily.
Eliminate smoking to bring smile to many faces in your life.
Eliminate smoking and be a real hero for your family.
Quit smoking today to get happiness tomorrow!
Still you can save your life and smile of many faces. Just quit smoking!
Do you know how smoking kills you? Come and join the campaign ‘No Smoking Day’.
Smoking has no advantages but quitting it has many advantages.
Don’t be fool; be smart enough to take right decision.
Motivate yourself enough to quit smoking and be a hero.
See the face of your loved ones and decide whether you need to quit or continue.
Don’t spoil your life with cigarettes; let it nourish with joy and happiness.
You deserve a healthy life not a diseased life. Just quit smoking!
Eliminate cigarette not happiness from your life.
Celebrate ‘No Smoking Day’ and take a pledge to quit smoking today, not tomorrow.
Don’t let you burn with cigarettes, enjoy the nature and live a healthy life.
Cigarette is limiting your life to its pipe; quit it to live a long life.
Life is wonderful, don’t make it painful. Just quit smoking!
Life is precious, don’t make it anxious. Quit smoking.
Quit smoking to make your life beautiful not regretful.
Smoking is dangerous to lungs, as t adds wastes in tons.
Buy a glass of juice not cigarette!
Regret the cigarette and follow a healthy lifestyle.
Don’t be in doubt, just put cigarettes out.
Smoking tobacco gives your lungs many scars and fills them with huge tar.
Don’t give up your lungs, just give up cigarettes.
Fill your lungs with fresh oxygen, not with tons of tar.
Stop smoking otherwise you will get lung cancer.
Kill your bad habits not yourself!
Smoking is killing you but we are saving you.
Don’t change your lungs into ashes; send this message to the masses.
Put down the cigarettes and lighter to make your future so brighter.
Be wise enough to quit smoking!
Stop smoking, breathe fresh!
Cigarette you smoke will give you stroke.
Put down the smoking pipe to give yourself a new life.
Don’t put your lips on fire, give what it desire.
Don’t take smoke as a joke.
Stop smoke, it’s not a joke.
Throw it down before it puts you sick.
Save lungs, save life.
Dot smoke, it’s a crime!
Don’t be fool, smoking is not cool.
I have already quitted but why you don’t.
You burn cigarettes, cigarettes burn you.
Don’t make your lungs home of toxins.
Don’t be a loser, be a non-smoker.
Quit smoking to stay healthy.
Quit smoking on ‘No Smoking Day’.